- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Sesame Seed Cookies Recipe Video
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unhulled sesame seeds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Aluminium free baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Unbleached flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.3 mg
Sodium 97.8 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.1% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, crack open the eggs and let them sit for a little while.
3. Spread the sesame seeds on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven for 10 minutes.Check on them in between and give the pan a shake to help them brown evenly. Once done, let them cool.
4. Whisk the eggs well.
5. Gradually add the sugar stirring continuously.
6. Add the salt and the vegetable oil in it and mix in together.
7. Pour in the vanilla extract and sift in the baking powder in it.
8. Next incorporate the flour one cup at a time stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
9. Use hands to bring the dough together and knead it gently.
10.Pour the milk in a shallow dish.
11.Take a pinch of the dough and give it an elongated shape, dip in milk and roll in sesame seeds and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
12.Bake them in the oven on the second shelf from the bottom for 5 minutes and place them on the second shelf from the top for the remaining 8 minutes.
13.Take them out from the oven and let them cool.
14. Store in an airtight container and serve out of it.