- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Christmas Cookies - Pizzelles Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Anise seed||1 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
Calories 54 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.25 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.9 mg9.3%
Sodium 29.2 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.97%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, crack open the 12 eggs and give them a good whisk until they turn foamy.
2. Slowly add the vegetable oil,sugar, anise seed and vanilla and beat well.
3. In another bowl, stir the flour and the baking powder together.
4. Gradually, add the flour into the egg mixture adding 1 cup at a time. Stir together with a wooden spoon until well blended.
5. Heat up the cast iron pizzelle maker.
6. In the cast iron pizzelle maker, drop a tablespoon of the batter and squeeze the irons together. Cook for about a minute.
7. Open the iron and flip out the pizzelle onto a tray to cool.
8. Store in an airtight container and serve out of it.