- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Pignoli Cookies Recipe Video
|Egg white||4 Large|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pure almond paste||1 Pound|
|Pignoli nuts||12 Ounce|
Calories 58 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4.8 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 0.93 g1.9%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.99%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Farenheit.
2. Separate the egg whites and set aside in a mixing bowl for an hour.
3. In a stand mixer, blend together the almond paste and the sugar.
4. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks are formed.
5. Incorporate the egg whites in the almond and sugar mixture and blend until everything comes together in a dough.
6. Invert a cookie sheet and place a sheet of waxed paper on top of it. Drop teaspoons of dough on it about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Sprinkle each cookie with about 12 pignoli nuts.
8. Place them on the second rack from bottom and bake for 5 minutes.
9. After 5 minutes, place it on the second rack from the top and bake for 7 minutes.
10.Wet a cloth napkin with hot water, wring out the water and place it on the countertop.
11.When the cookies are baked, slide the waxed paper on top of the wet napkin and let it sit for a few minutes.
12.Loosen cookies with a narrow spatula and place on a rack to cool completely.
13. Store cookies in a tin and serve out of it.