- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Pecan Pie Recipe Video
|Pecan||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shelled|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Pie crust||2 Large|
Calories 1260 Calories from Fat 614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.8%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g108.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 162.5 mg54.2%
Sodium 710.7 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 47.7 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. Line two 8 inch pie pans with pie crust.
3. In a bowl, mix the two sugars together.
4. Cream 4 tablespoons of butter with the sugar.
5. Beat in 4 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
6. Blend in the dark corn syrup.
7. Gently stir in the pecans into the mixture.
8. Pour the mixture in the pie crust lined pie pans.
9. Place in a 400 degrees preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
10.Lower the temperature to 325 degrees Farenheit and bake for additional 45 minutes.
11.Take out from the oven and let it cool.
12.Slice it up and serve.