- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Peach Jam Recipe Video
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugars||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Ice water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4270 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.6%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 17.4 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1094 g364.6%
Dietary Fiber 30.4 g121.7%
Sugars 1041 g
Protein 17 g35%
Vitamin A 122.4% Vitamin C 299.2%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot bring water to boil. Add in the peach, blanch for 5 minutes.
2. In a tub add in the water with ice cubes and take out the peaches and place in cold water.
3. In another large bowl filled with water mix in lemon juice.
4. Remove the skin from the peaches and place in water.
5. Meanwhile sterilize those jars in which jam has to be kept.
6. Cut out any brown spots on peaches and remove all pits.
7. On a cutting board cut fruit into medium size chunks.
8. Place a saucepan over medium – high heat and add in the chunks of peach.
9. Mash the peaches with potato masher and cook.
10. In the meantime take a cup add in the pectin and 1/4th of the sugar. Mix well and set aside.
11. Add in the pectin mixture to the peach and continuously stir.
12. Add in the remaining sugar to the peach mixture and stir well. Boil on low heat.
13. Check the consistency with the spoon.
14. Fill the sterilize jars with the peach mixture and set aside.
15. In a canner fill the water and bring to boil. The water in the canner should be 2 inches above the jars. Boil the water for 7 minutes.
16. Take out the jar with tongs and set aside.
17. Spread the Peach Jam over toast and serve for breakfast.