- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kare-Kare or Filipino Soup Recipe Video
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Bok choy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (chinese cabbage)|
|Chinese long beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 2 inch pieces (Sitao)|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1267 Calories from Fat 574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.3%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 98.3 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.5%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 165 g329.2%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the oxtails and blanch them in boiling water for few seconds.
2. Prepare the other ingredients as per the list.
3. In a pan, bring water to boil. Add salt and blanched oxtails. Simmer for about 90 minutes or till the oxtails are soft and tender.
4. Put the chopped cabbage, long beans.
5. Add peanut butter, garlic powder, chilli flakes and stir well.
6. Simmer till all the vegetables are done.
7. In a bowl, serve the Kare-Kare hot.