- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Meatballs and Gravy Recipe Video
|Italian sausage||16 Medium ((12 - sweet, 4 - hot))|
|Pork spare rib||1 Medium|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated romano||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned tomato gravy||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
Calories 1772 Calories from Fat 1067
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.8%
Saturated Fat 43.1 g215.5%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 639.6 mg
Sodium 2585.5 mg107.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 146 g292.7%
Vitamin A 46.9% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 35.1% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, pour olive oil and brown the sausages and the rack of pork spare ribs.
2. In a mixing bowl, empty the ground meat, parsley, onions and garlic.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix in the bread crumbs with the milk and set aside.
5. Crack open the eggs in the mixing bowl and add the red chili flakes and cheese.
6. Add the bread crumbs soaked in milk.
7. Using hands, mix and knead the meat mixture together.
8. Shape into small balls.
9. In a frying pan, heat olive oil and lightly pan fry the meatballs.
10.Add the sausages and the meat from the pork spare rib into the seasoned tomato sauce.
11.Put the meat balls in it.
12. Garnish with parsley and serve.