- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Italian Bread Recipe Video
|Luke warm water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unbleached flour||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Corn meal||2 Tablespoon|
|Unhulled sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg wash||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 egg white and 1 teaspoon of water)|
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.76 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.95 mg
Sodium 491.2 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 27.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a cup of lukewarm water, add the dried yeast and salt. Mix in to dissolve the yeast.
3. In the bowl of the stand mixer, take the remaining 2 1/2 cups of water. Mix in the yeast mixture.
4. Pulse it and start to add the flour one cup at a time.Add 5 cups of flour.
5. Use a dough hook attachment and add in the remaining 2 cups of flour.Pulse it at high till the dough comes together.
6. Using hands knead the dough lightly on a floured surface before returning it back to the bowl and covering it with wet towel and keeping it in a warm place for 1 hour.
7.The dough will double in its volume. Punch the dough down and work on it again and divide in into four equal parts.
8.Work on each part and shape it like an elongated loaf.
9.Grease a slotted bread baking dish and dust cornmeal on it.
10.Place the loaves of bread to be baked on it. Cover with a damp towel and let them rise for another 30 minutes.
11.Brush them with the egg wash.
12.Place a baking dish full of water on the bottom rack of the oven.
13.Top the loaves with sesame seeds and bake for 35 minutes in the oven.
14.Take the loaves out of the oven. Slice them up and serve.