- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Irish Soda Bread Recipe Video
|Unbleached flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisin soaked liquid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.63%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 497.1 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.98%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a large bowl, empty the flour.
3. Add the salt and the baking soda in it and give it a mix.
4. Soak in the raisins in hot water. Strain and save about 1/2 cup of the raisin liquid.
5. Pour in the buttermilk on the flour and add the raisins to it.
6. Add the raisin soaked liquid and stir with a wooden spoon.
7. Use hands to knead it and bring it together on a floured counter top.
8. Divide the dough into four equal parts and work on each part.
9. Flour them generously on the top and giving a round shape.
10.Using a rolling pin flatten the individual portions a little bit.
11.Put in individual baking pans and score a cross on the top surface.
12. Bake for 25 minutes.
13. Place them in the bread basket and serve.