- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Fagetabouit Pizza Recipe Video
|Lukewarm water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (for the dough)|
|Dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (for the dough)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for the dough)|
|Unbleached flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (for the dough)|
|Stewed tomato||1 Can (10 oz) (for the sauce)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (for the sauce)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the sauce)|
|Sausages||4 Medium (for the topping)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Large (for the topping)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Large (for the topping)|
|Olives||1 Tablespoon (for the topping)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for the topping)|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for the topping)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the topping)|
Calories 670 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.2%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 76.6 mg
Sodium 1196.9 mg49.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 30 g60.1%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 56.7%
Calcium 48.9% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Farenheit and keep the pizza stone on the second shelf of the oven for 30 minutes.
2. In the bowl of the stand mixer, add the warm water, yeast and salt. Pulse it with 1 1/2 cups of flour. Change into a dough hook and pulse it while adding the remaining 1 cup of flour.
3. Cover with a wet towel and store in a warm place.
4. In a bowl, pour in the can of the stewed tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes and add the teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper and chopped parsley, oregano and the dried basil.
5. Pour in the extra virgin olive oil and mix everything in to make the seasoned tomato sauce.
6. In a pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add the peppers in it and season with salt.
7. Cook the sausages in the oven, cool them and dice them.
8. Place the pizza dough on a floured surface and knead well with hands and divide in two parts.
9. Take one part and start rolling it and stretching it with hands.
10.Slather the sauce on it.
11.Top it with cheese.
12.Bake for 6 mins at 500 degrees Farenheit.
13.Take it out and top with sliced sausages, olives and peppers on it.
14.Bake for another 5 minutes at 500 degrees.
15.Slice and serve hot