- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Chocolate Eclairs Recipe Video
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (for the pastry)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for the pastry)|
|Salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon (for the pastry)|
|Unbleached flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (for the pastry)|
|Eggs||4 Large (1 for glaze rest for the pastry)|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint (for the filling)|
|Confectioner's sugar||3 Tablespoon (for the filling)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (for the filling)|
|Bird's custard||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for the filling)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.1 mg
Sodium 40.1 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.36%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
1. In a medium sauce pan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. Remove the water, butter and salt mixture from heat. Add the flour at once.
4. With a wooden spoon, stir continuously until the mixture comes together in a ball.
5. Using the wooden spoon, mix in the eggs one at a time.Beat well after each addition.
6. Continue beating and add a little beaten egg from the egg glaze and beat until the dough is shiny and satiny and break away in strands. The dough will be stiff and hold its shape.
7. Use a pastry bag and pipe in about a tablespoon of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Brush with egg glaze and let dry for several minutes before baking.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
10.Remove the pastry from the oven and stick the point of a small knife into the sides of each one. Turn off the oven and place the pastries back in the oven to dry for 15 minutes. Then cool on rack.
11. In a stand mixer blend in together the ingredients of the filling.
12. Cut the pastries in half.
13. For the glaze, in a double boiler melt in chocolate and add the butter, corn syrup and milk.
14. Fill in the eclairs with the filling mixture.
15. Spoon the glaze over the filled pastries and dust with confectioner's sugar.
16. Place on a platter and serve.