- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Christmas Cookies with Liam Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioner's sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pure almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to sprinkle)|
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.1 mg
Sodium 59 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven to 370 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl, cut the butter into pieces and let it sit at room temperature.
3. Add the confectioners sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract to the softened butter and beat with an electric mixer till smooth and creamy.
4. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar together.
5. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture using a blender attachment or a wooden spoon.
6. Quickly push the dough and bring it together with hands and wrap in waxed paper and let it chill for 2-3 hours.
7. On a floored surface, divide the chilled dough in half and roll out to 3/16 inch thick.
8. Cut with cookie cutters and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and decorative sprinkles as desired.
10.Bake for 8 minutes or until slightly brown on the edge.
11.Carefully remove with a spatula and set on a tray to cool.
12. Store in an airtight container and serve out of it.