- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Chapati Bread Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Extra flour as required for dusting)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for brushing)|
Calories 75 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 21.5 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Give it a pulse to mix well.
2. Add half a cup of water in a steady stream as the food processor is running. The next half cup of water should be added in small amounts.
3. Stop pulsing as the dough comes together.
4. Take it out and place on a lightly floured surface and knead well with hands.
5. Store it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let it rest for 1/2 hour in a warm spot.
6. Pre heat the griddle to medium heat.
7. Divide the dough in two parts and roll each part into a long rope.
8. Cut each rope into 12 parts.
9. Make smaller balls from each portion.
10.Dust flour on each and roll into a 8 inch circle.
11.Place it on the heated griddle and cook on each sides for about a minute.
12.Lightly brush each with vegetable oil.
13.Store them wrapped up in tin foil and serve warm.