- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Bacon Part 1 Recipe Video
|Pork belly||6 Pound|
|Pink salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6220 Calories from Fat 3170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 351 g540.7%
Saturated Fat 121.8 g608.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1741.5 mg
Sodium 5268.4 mg219.5%
Total Carbohydrates 206 g68.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 200.1 g
Protein 533 g1065.4%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 56.3% Iron 140.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedKosher Salt - 2 Cups (32 tbsp) for curing
1. In a large bowl, put together pink salt, kosher salt, brown sugar and black pepper, and mix well.
2. In a large tray, place the pork belly and generously spread the half of the salt mixture on the top and rub well, to ensure the salt coats the meat all over.
3. Flip the bacon and rub the remaining salt mixture all over the meat and rub well.
4. In a air tight container, place the meat and top with leftover salt form the tray if any.
5. Cover the container and place in refrigerator for about a week.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
7. After a week, remove the bacon from refrigerator, rinse under cold water and pat dry using kitchen towel.
8. In baking pan, put a rack place the meat over the rack and bake in oven for about 90 minutes.
9. Remove the bacon from the bacon and using a sharp knife remove the skin and slice to the desired thickness.
10. Use bacon as required.