- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Tuile Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce, melted|
|Powdered sugar||3 Ounce|
|Bread flour||2 Ounce|
|Egg white||1 Ounce (1 to 2 eggs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg20.3%
Sodium 367.1 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 83.9 g
Protein 30 g60.1%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.3% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Line a sheet pan with Silpat or Silicon mat and keep aside.
3) In a large bowl, sift the sugar and flour together.
4) Stir in the egg whites and incorporate to make a paste.
5) Stir in the melted butter in three even additions.
6) Allow the mixture to rest for atleast 15 minutes or chill in the refrigerator over night before using.
7) Use stencil with a small offset to evenly apply tuile paste over the lined sheet pan to make flat and thin cookies.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
9) Remove form the oven, allow to slightly cool for just a secong and shape the cookies with a container.
10) Use the Tuile to decorate Mint Julep Dessert Cocktail.