- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Makhania Biscuits - Namkeen or Khari or Butter Biscuits Recipe Video
|Wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yogurt||2 Tablespoon (Use as needed)|
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 183.3 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 0.92%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Un-greased cookie baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. In a bowl, add the wheat flour and plain flour. To this add the sugar, baking powder, salt and caraway seeds. Mix all these dry ingredients well.
3. In a separate bowl, take unsalted butter (kept at room temperature) and yogurt. To this add dry ingredients mixture. Using your hands mix well and knead to make a soft dough.
4. Take small portions of the dough and make round balls of the size of a golf ball and line them on an un-greased cookie baking tray.
5. Bake in the preheated oven at 400 F for 10 minutes and then bake at the lowest temperature (170 F) for another 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Keep checking and flip sides in between if the bottom gets brown.
7. Serve as a snack at tea time with a hot cup of Indian tea.
1/4 cup to 1/2 of butter to be used. If you use less butter, add more yogurt to make the soft dough.