- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Handmade Pasta Recipe Video
|Flour||200 Gram (all purpose, semolina or spelt flour)|
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 72.7 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 20 g41%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.7% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Rolling pin
1. Take a bowl and add the mound of flour into it. Make a well like hole in the middle of the flour and beat the eggs in the center. Gradually start beating the eggs with the help of a fork. While doing so, incorporate the flour from the edges of the bowl slowly and gently.
2. Beat in the eggs and the flour till you get a thick batter which would be a ball of dough. Once you have the ball of dough, knead the dough for about 15 minutes on a well floured surface until the ball of dough becomes smooth and elastic. Once done set it aside for about 15 minutes.
3. Flour the surface well, flatten out the ball of dough on the surface and roll it out. Turn sides and roll it out until you get it paper thin. You should be able to see through it.
4. Once rolled thin, fold it over, dusting it with flour, then hand cut it into strips using a knife.
5. This handmade pasta can be boiled and cooked in about 3 to 4 minutes and can be served with your favorite sauces.
Make sure you roll the dough really thin because when you cook it, it's going to double in thickness.