- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Make Your Own Minestrone Recipe
|Garlic clove||1 Small, peeled|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled, quartered|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces (2 Cups)|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled, quartered|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled, halved crosswise|
|Canned kidney beans||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Elbow macaroni/Other macaroni||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.3 mg
Sodium 2348.9 mg97.9%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.7%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 15 g31%
Vitamin A 125.7% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the dry bowl, position the knife and through the food chute, drop the garlic while the processor is still running.
2) Add the onion and parsley and pulse till the ingredients have chopped finely.
3) Heat the oil over medium heat in an 8-quart pot and add the onion mixture. Saute till the ingredients are tender.
4) Add the bouillon and water.
5) In the bowl, position the knife and add the potatoes. Pulse to chop them coarsely and then add to the soup.
6) Repeat the procedure with the green beans and with the tomatoes as well.
7) In the bowl, position the disc with the slicing side up. Slice the carrots and celery and add these to the soup as well.
8) Cover the soup and gently cook it over medium-low heat for about 45 minutes.
9) Add the macaroni and beans and boil till the macaroni is soft. This takes about 15 minutes.
10) Serve hot after topping with grated Parmesan cheese if preferred.