- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: Make Your Own Butter Recipe Video
|Heavy cream||1 Pint|
|Herbs||To Taste (Optional)|
|Seasoning||To Taste (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1656 Calories from Fat 1561
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 178 g273.3%
Saturated Fat 110.6 g552.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 657.6 mg
Sodium 2120.7 mg88.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 141.1% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 0.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needair tight container
1. Pour the heavy cream into an air tight container; ensure there is good air space.
2. Add salt put the lid and shake it hard for 10 minutes.
3. This step will go through several stages, whipped cream consistency and finally thick.
4. Once done and you reach the desired consistency, pour out the whey and save the butter.
5. Press the butter with the back of a spoon and let the excess whey drain out.
6. What you should be left is with a thick solid butter.
7. You can store the butter in the refrigerator for one week.
8. Add herbs and spices if desired.
9. Serve the homemade butter over toasted warm bread.