- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mike Gonzalez makes Mexican Pizza Recipe Video
|Flour tortillas||4 (12 inch or 6 – 8 inch)|
|Chorizo sausage||1 Pound, casing removed|
|For chili sauce|
|Dried guajillo chiles||10 Gram|
|Dried ancho chiles||10 Gram|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), roughly chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Mexican oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Spanish smoked paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Piloncillo/Raw sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Mexican oaxacan string cheese||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large|
|Mexican queso cotijo||4 Ounce, finely crumbled|
|Fresh basil||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.5 mg
Sodium 810.9 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 48.2%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. For chilli sauce – in a small saucepan, pour in the water and bring to a boil.
3. Submerge the guajillo and ancho chiles in the boiling water. Place a weight on the chiles to keep them submerged. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the chiles, remove the stem and scrape out the seeds.
5. Place the chiles in a blender with the tomatoes, garlic, and a half cup of water. Blend until smooth.
6. Place a deep skillet over med-high heat. When hot add in the vegetable oil. Strain the contents of blender directly into the skillet. Push the puree through the sieve with a wooden spoon.
7. Add in the tomato paste, oregano, salt, sugar, paprika and ½ cup water. Turn heat to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes.
8. In a pan, fry the sausage thoroughly over medium – low heat, breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
9. Spread a little sauce on the top of two tortillas. Place another tortilla on top of each one. The sauce holds the two tortillas together. Slather each with the prepared sauce and cover with the chorizo sausage.
10. Place the sliced Oaxacan cheese randomly on pizzas.
11. Add in the chopped green pepper, and then sprinkle the cotijo cheese. Add a little more crushed oregano over the pizzas.
12. Bake in a hot 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until crisp and the cheese is bubbly. Chopped fresh basil may be added 5 minutes before it comes out of the oven.
13. Slice the pizza and serve with fruit juice.