- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mainstreet Manicotti Recipe
|Manicotti shells||8 Ounce (14 Shells, 1 Package)|
|Bulk italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||12 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 727 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 116 mg
Sodium 1365.4 mg56.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 39 g78.1%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 24.9%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a 6-quart Dutch oven, add 4 quarts boiling salted water and cook for manicotti shells for 18 minutes and drain excessive water.
3. Take a 10-inch skillet, add sausage and cook well. Drain the water.
4. Take a large bowl, transfer the sausage into it and keep aside.
5. In the same skillet, add garlic and onion and cook till tender.
6. Add non-drained tomatoes, oregano, tomato paste, salt and basil to this, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir intermittently.
7. Add cottage cheese, garlic powder and mozzarella cheese to the sausage and mix till they properly blend.
8. Stuff manicotti using sausage mixture.
9. In a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish, arrange stuffed manicotti.
10. Top with sauce and allow it to bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Add Parmesan cheese to the baked pasta and serve hot.