- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
New England Style Fish Chowder Recipe Video
|Sweet onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Potatoes||6 Small, cubed (or 6 small)|
|Chicken or fish stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1 Bottle (1 l) (if using all chicken stock or water)|
|Clams with juice||1 Can (10 oz), chopped (high quality)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Fish||1 1⁄2 Pound, chunked (Boneless, skinless firm)|
|Shrimp||8 Large (cleaned with tail on)|
|Sea scallops||4 Large, cut into half (muscles removed)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For garnishing - paprika, pepper, and a pat of butter)|
Calories 709 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213.4 mg71.1%
Sodium 2820.8 mg117.5%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 86 g171.3%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 75.6%
Calcium 27% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan sauté onions in butter till it turn translucent.
2) Add potatoes in single layer on top of onions.
3) Pour chicken stock. Boil until potatoes are slightly cooked.
4) Add fish in layers put firmest on the bottom. Put clams and simmer for some time.
5) Pour evaporated milk.
6) Serve in a bowl garnish with, paprika, pepper and butter.