- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Maida Of The Mist Pie Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemons juice||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 2 Large Lemons)|
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.7 mg
Sodium 301.4 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 55 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 12% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F before baking
3. Generously grease a 9-inch pie pan with butter.
4. Prepare a double boiler pan by setting a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a medium low flame.
5. Place the cookies in a zip lock bag and crush them finely using a rolling pin.
6. Empty them into a bowl and add the melted butter. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the crumbs.
7. Turn the mixture into the greased pie pan and press to line the bottom and the sides.
8. To make the pie filling take a bowl that will fit over the double boiler.
9. Combine the egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice and whisk lightly.
10. Place the bowl over the double boiler and cook to make a curd, stirring it frequently, until it is thick like custard.
11. Take the pan off the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
12. In the mean time , in a clean dry bowl, add egg whites and beat with an electric mixer or a wire whisk until stiff and forms soft peaks.
13. Gently fold into the cooled custard using a spatula.
14. Pour into the pie crust.
15. Place in the preheated oven and bake until the custard sets.
16. Remove and allow pie to cool completely before placing in the refrigerator.
17. Whip the cream in a clean dry bowl, until stiff and make soft peaks.
18. Spread over the cooled pie.
19. Slice into equal size wedges and serve cold.