- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Madrid Trout Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Medium grain brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Watercress||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Trout fillets||1 Pound|
|Italian tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 1068.4 mg44.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 35 g69.2%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and add the rice, celery, onions, watercress, garlic, paprika, salt and thyme.
2) Stirring constantly sautÃ© for 3 to 4 minutes.
3) Add the stock and bring to a boil.
4) Cover, and simmer for 35 minutes, or until the rice is almost tender.
5) Add the fish, cover, and simmer 8 minutes more.
6) Add the tomatoes and peas.
7) Cover and simmer for 4 minutes, or just until the peas are tender.
8) Serve Madrid Trout hot garnish with parsley.