- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Madras Soup Recipe
|Refined flour||30 Gram|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.1 mg
Sodium 388.4 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 73.2% Vitamin C 33.8%
Calcium 12% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel and slice onion.
3. Peel and grate carrot. Grate coconut.
4. Place tomatoes, onion and carrot in a heavy pan.
5. Add hot stock or boiling water. Add pepper and salt.
6. Cook till vegetables are almost done.
7. Add grated coconut and cook till vegetables are well cooked.
8. Rub through a soup sieve.
9. Prepare a white sauce with flour, butter and milk.
10. Add vegetable puree gradually (the sauce and puree should be of the same temperature).
11. Reheat and serve garnished with chopped parsley.