- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Madras Egg Curry Recipe
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (Indian Curry)|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||6 , cut in half lengthwise|
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 268.9 mg
Sodium 420.1 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the butter for 5 minutes.
2) Blend in the curry powder and tomato paste, stir constantly and cook for 1 minute.
3) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the salt and eggs, cook until the curry is thoroughly heated. Garnish with parsley.
5) Serve the Madras Egg Curry, immediately on individual serving plates.