- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Madeira Braised Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Video
|Tomato||1 Small, dice|
|Green pepper||1 Small, dice|
|Yellow pepper||1 Small, dice|
|Onion||1 Small, dice|
|Madeira wine||6 Ounce|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian sausage||10 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, shave|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.1 mg
Sodium 695.3 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 144.7%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large saute pan on high heat add in the Italian sausage and sear.
3. Chop the vegetables and sweat in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil along with the garlic cloves.
4. Add 3 ounces of Madiera wine into both pans and de-glaze.
5. Once the liquid has reduced, add the sausage and veggies into a food processor along with the bread crumbs, salt and pepper and pulse. Don't overdo this because you just want a course mixture. Finish with chopped basil.
6. Remove the stems off the mushrooms and rub down with olive oil, salt and pepper.
7. Stuff the mushrooms with the sausage mix and top with parmesan shavings.
8. Pop into the oven for 12 minutes.
9. Plate and serve with Brazin Old Vine Zin wine.