- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mackerel With White Wine Sauce Recipe
|Mackerel||4 Small (Or 2 Large Size)|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Fish stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8524 Calories from Fat 5797
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 648 g997.6%
Saturated Fat 240.8 g1204.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3072.6 mg
Sodium 3482 mg145.1%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 577 g1155%
Vitamin A 301.3% Vitamin C 95.8%
Calcium 76.8% Iron 292.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean each mackerel and fillet into two.
2) Wash under cold water, dry it and use seasoned flour to coat each fillet.
3) To make the wine sauce, bring the stock made from fish bones along with the white wine to a boil.
4) Cook gently over low heat for about 15 minutes or till the mixture has reduced by ½.
5) Stir in the cream and heat the sauce thoroughly. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste to season.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg yolk and stir some of the warm sauce into the egg.
7) To the sauce, add the egg yolk and put the pan back on the heat for about 1 minute.
8) Ensure that the sauce is kept but do not let it boil or it will start to curdle.
9) In a skillet, melt the butter and put the fillets. Saute over low heat for about 6 minutes on one side. Turn the fish over and cook on the other side for 6 minutes.
10) Serve hot.