- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mackerel With Tomatoes Recipe
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7094 Calories from Fat 4514
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 502 g772.9%
Saturated Fat 121.2 g605.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2164.2 mg
Sodium 3122.3 mg130.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 567 g1134.6%
Vitamin A 180.4% Vitamin C 125.5%
Calcium 45.4% Iron 287%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean mackerel and cut into fillet.
2) Wash fillets and dry with clean cloth. Dredge in seasoned flour, shake off the surplus.
3) Skin and chop onions finely.
4) Skin and crush garlic.
5) Clean and trim the mushrooms. Finely chop the mushrooms.
6) Skin tomatoes and make into thin slices.
7) In a heavy skillet heat 3 tablespoons oil to smoking point. Fry the fillets for about 10 minutes till golden.
8) In another pan heat oil and fry onion for few minutes on moderate heat.
9) Stir in mushrooms and garlic and cook on slow heat for 5 minutes.
10) Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
11) Pour vinegar and add parsley.
12) In a separate pan fry tomato slices in butter for 3 minutes over gently heat.
13) Before serving, arrange warm mackerel fillets on a serving dish. Place tomatoes in between and layer onion mixture on each fillet.
14) Serve warm with new potatoes and green salad.