- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mackerel with Lime and Coriander Recipe
|Mackerel/Trout /sardines||4 Small|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander sprig||4 , chopped finely|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and chopped|
|Lime||1 , grated rind and juiced|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , sliced (To Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6444 Calories from Fat 4029
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 447 g688.1%
Saturated Fat 101.7 g508.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2099.7 mg
Sodium 3103.9 mg129.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 559 g1117.9%
Vitamin A 113.5% Vitamin C 75.1%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 277.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Clean and gut the mackerel, removing the heads if preferred. Place on a chopping board.
3. Sprinkle the fish with the ground spices and salt and pepper to taste. Place a sprig of coriander (cilantro) inside the cavity of each fish.
4. Mix together the chopped coriander (cilantro), chilli, lime rind and juice and the oil in a small bowl. Brush the mixture liberally over the fish.
5. Place the fish in a hinged rack if you have one. Barbecue (grill) the fish over hot coals for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning once. Brush frequently with the remaining basting mixture.
6. Garnish with lime slices and chilli flowers, if using, and serve with salad leaves.