- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mackerel With Cucumber Recipe
|Mackerel||2 Pound (4 Pieces, About 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Cucumber||1 Small (Unwaxed Variety)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|White wine vinegar/Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 445
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.6%
Saturated Fat 19 g94.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 207.1 mg
Sodium 304.5 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 0.65 g0.22%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.52%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 42 g85%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
2. Cut and clean the mackerel and chop off its heads.
3. Wash them and dry them after spreading them on paper towels.
4. Grease the shallow ovenproof dish with 2 tbsp of butter.
5. Wash and dry the cucumber and thinly slice it and arrange them in single layer over the bottom of the dish.
6. Arrange the mackerel over its top and top it with the remaining cucumber slices.
7. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and salt over it for seasoning.
8. Spray wine or vinegar over the fish and cucumber and speck it with 2 tbsp butter which is cut into small pieces.
9. Put lid over the dish and bake the fish for about 20 minutes in the oven which is preheated to 425°F. Place the fish on the center shelf of the oven.
10. Take out the dish and transfer the cucumber and fish to a serving dish.
11. Maintain the warmth of a fish if you want to serve them hot.
12. Force the fish through a fine sieve and strain its juices into a saucepan.
13. Boil the mixture and continue to boil it briskly and add the leftover butter in bits thereby stirring the mixture occasionally.
14. Once the liquid halves and resembles to the glaze, spoon it over the mackerel and serve at once.
15. Serve the fish with potatoes that are tossed in butter and garnished with chopped parsley. And serve it cold with garlic potatoes or green salad.