- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mackerel Pate With Wholemeal Melba Toasts Recipe
|Mackerel fillets||4 Ounce, skinless and smoked (100 Gram)|
|Low fat natural fromage frais||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wholemeal bread slices||4|
|Lemon slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 83.8 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.77%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the bones from mackarel, if any.
2) In a small bowl, place the fish.
3) With a fork, mash the mackerel then mix in the fromage frais and lemon juice.
4) Season well with pepper.
5) In 4 small ramekins, divide the pate.
6) Cover the ramekins and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7) Remove the crusts from the bread for the preparation of melba toast..
8) Toast the slices on both sides then horizontally split the slices through the centre (the untoasted part).
9) Cut each piece in half diagonally and toast the uncooked surface until crisp and brown.
10) Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
11) Garnish the pate with sprigs of parsley and lemon slices.
12) Serve th mackarel pate with the Melba toast.