- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mackerel Cream Bake Recipe
|Mackerel||2 Large, filleted|
|Leeks||2 (White Parts)|
|Canned chopped plum tomatoes||7 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dill seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Commercial)|
Calories 2039 Calories from Fat 1237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g211.5%
Saturated Fat 36.3 g181.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 660.4 mg
Sodium 1229.3 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 171 g341.9%
Vitamin A 105.8% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 28% Iron 96.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Use the butter or margarine to grease an oven-to-table baking dish which will hold the fillets in 2 layers.
3. Place the fillets in the dish, and sprinkle with salt.
4. Shred the leeks and carrot finely and spread them over the fish fillets.
5. Cover them with the tomatoes and juice from the can.
6. Sprinkle over the dill seeds, paprika and lemon juice.
7. Gently pour the sour cream over the whole dish.
8. Cover the dish closely with aluminium foil. Bake for about 30 minutes.
9. Serve simply with boiled or mashed potatoes; this is a rich dish.