- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mackerel A La Kiev Recipe
|Mackerel||4 , filleted|
|White breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Dry mustard||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
Calories 1415 Calories from Fat 904
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155.1%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g149.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 531.1 mg
Sodium 616.6 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.95%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 115 g229.4%
Vitamin A 31.1% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 58.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils well in advance.
2) In a large frying pan, place the mackrel and cover it with water.
3) Simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until fully done.
4) Drain the fish from the water, remove its skin and make the flakes.
5) Add to the fish flakes, 1 egg and breadcrumbs.
6) Bind the mixture and make 6 portions.
7)Flour your hands and flatten each portion into flat cakes.
8) Refrigerate the fish cakes until ready to eat.
9) In a pan soften the butter and mix with mustard.
10) Roll the butter mixture into foil and keep in fridge to chill.
11) When ready to use, take out the flavored butter and divite it into six portions.
12) Place each portion in the centre of each fish cake.
13) Shape the fish cakes into round shape with the butter inside.
14) Dip the cakes into beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
15) In a deep pan, shallow fry the fish cakes.
16) Serve the fish cakes hot with sauce of your choice.