- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Granulated sugar||1 Pound (2 1/4 Cups)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1 Pound, grated|
|Whole almonds||1⁄2 Pound|
Calories 1447 Calories from Fat 705
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.5%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 98 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83%
Sugars 120.4 g
Protein 42 g84.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 45.4% Iron 35.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat slow oven (300°F.)
2) In a bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
3) Mix granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, and beat for 30 minutes.
4) Add vanilla and grated nuts.
5) Refrigerate for several hours.
6) Drop each teaspoonful at a time onto unglazed paper on cookie sheets.
7) Place an almond into the center of each cookie.
8) Keep aside for a night.
9) Bake in oven for approximately 1 hour.
10) Serve warm or cold.