- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Almond paste||1 Cup (16 tbs) (commercial)|
|Granulated sugar||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), powdered|
|Cake flour||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2240 Calories from Fat 587
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 409.4 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 385 g128.4%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60.1%
Sugars 333 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 45.9% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Work the paste until smooth, add the sugar gradually and beat until smooth.
3. Beat the egg whites stiff and fold into the almond paste mixture, then add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Sift together the powdered sugar, cake flour and salt and add to the mixture; beat until smooth.
5. Shape, using a pastry bag and tube, or drop by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheet. Let them stand about 2 hours.
6. Ten minutes before ready to bake, start oven, set at Moderately Slow, 300° F. Bake about 25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the pan, slip the paper off onto a damp cloth. Let stand a few minutes then remove the macaroons.