- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroon Pie Crust Recipe
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 103.2 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F
2) Take a clean glass or metal bowl and beat egg white to make a foam.
3) Mix sugar in it and beat untill mixture forms soft peaks with tips that curl over when the beaters are lifted.
4) Next add corn syrup and vanilla to the mixture and fold in the coconut.
5) Take a 10 inch pie plate and with the back of a tablespoon, spread the mixture evenly on the sides and bottom of the plate. Press the mixture lightly against the plate to spread it easily.
6) Place the plate in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
6) Allow the crust to cool down before using.