- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroon Bonbons Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 46.9 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.88%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Beat together egg whites, vanilla and salt until soft peaks forms.
2) Then slowly add sugar and beat until stiff peaks forms.
3) Add flour and coconut to the egg mixture. Make dough.
4) Separate 1/3 of the dough and add food coloring to the 2/3 dough.
5) Mix until entire dough is pink. Make 1/2-inch balls and lay them on greased cookie sheet.
6) Make a tiny indention with thumb and then place ¼ inch ball of white dough.
7) Now, bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Let it sit for a minute.
8) Serve the macaroon bonbons as desserts on special occasions.