- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni Salad Recipe
|Elbow macaroni||1 Pound|
|Sweet pepper relish||9 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Pimientos||4 Ounce, chopped (Drained)|
|Canned pimientos||4 Ounce|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk crisp salad green||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.6 mg8.5%
Sodium 516.3 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 26.1% Vitamin C 55%
Calcium 3% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook macaroni as the label directs.
2) Drain, and rinse with cold water.
3) In a large bowl, mix together relish, pimiento, green pepper, parsley, onion, salt, 1 cup mayonnaise, the sour cream, and 1/4 cup milk; blend well.
4) Mix in the macaroni and toss lightly until well combined.
5) Cover the bowl, and refrigerate, until well chilled for several hours or overnight.
6) Mix in the remaining mayonnaise and milk and stir into salad.
7) Spoon into salad bowl, and garnish with salad greens.