- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Video
|Whole wheat elbow macaroni||1⁄2 Pound, cooked|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Mornay suace||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.6 mg3.9%
Sodium 1689.7 mg70.4%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a large stainless steel bowl, put the macaroni pasta and pour the Mornay sauce all over it and stir well.
3. Season the pasta with nutmeg, pepper and salt and stir to mix.
4. In enamel coated cast iron pan, put all the macaroni mixture in it and spread.
5. Sprinkle with cheese all over and bread crumbs over the cheese.
6. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
7. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the cheese melts and gets golden brown on top.
8. Serve hot as desired.
Whole wheat pasta helps to maintain blood sugar level compared to white pasta.
Real dairy is good source of calcium and fat soluble vitamins.