- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni With Peas Recipe
|Macaroni||8 Ounce (Preferably Shell Macaroni)|
|Boiling salted water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled and diced small|
|Peas||4 Ounce (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Vegetable oil/1 ounce butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Evaporated milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, cubed|
|Red pepper strip/Finely chopped fresh pepper||1 Tablespoon (Tinned)|
Calories 993 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.4%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.2 mg
Sodium 621 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 36 g71.2%
Vitamin A 146.5% Vitamin C 71%
Calcium 56.1% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the macaroni in the rapidly boiling water for 5 minutes, stir in the carrots and boil for further 5 minutes.
2) Then stir in the peas and allow to boil further for 5 minutes.
3) Mix in the onion and oil or butter, cover and cook until almost dry and the macaroni is just tender.
4) Turn off the heat, stir in the cheese and milk, season well to taste.
5) Spoon in a hot casserole or dish, garnish with the red peppers and serve immediately.