- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni with Cheese Recipe
|Macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Required)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.6 mg
Sodium 444.5 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 27% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly butter the bottom of a casserole dish.
3) In a pot, bring salted water to a boil along with oil.
4) Add the macaroni and let it boil until macaroni is just cooked(al dente).
5) Drain the water and allow it to cool.
6) In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk until well combined and fluffy.
7) In a casserole dish, make layers of macaroni and cheese.
8) Spoon the milk mixture spreading evenly over the cheese layers.
9) Cover and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
10) Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.
Can add chicken, bacon or vegetables as desired.