- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni Stuffed Shells Recipe
|Catelli sea shells||4 Ounce (1/3 Of A 12 Ounce Package)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned shrimp||7 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, cooked, drained and chopped (1 Package)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.2 mg23.7%
Sodium 763.5 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 184.7% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 34.3% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the sea shells according to package directions.
2) Drain and rinse with cold water.
3) Drain again and chill.
4) Preheat the oven to 375°F, for baking.
4) In a frying pan, add oil and cook celery and half of the onion until tender. Drain well.
5) Combine the cooked celery and onion with cottage cheese, shrimp, spinach, egg, salt, oregano, lemon juice and pepper. Mix well.
6) Stuff the cooked sea shells with this mixture and keep aside.
7) In a saucepan, cook the rest of the onion in hot oil until soft.
8) Blend in flour and salt to the onion.
9) Gradually add milk and chicken broth.
10) Cook, stirring until the sauce thickens.
11) Then, add cheese.
12) In a baking dish, pour half of this sauce.
13) Arrange the stuffed shells in 2 layers in the sauce.
14) Bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 15 minutes.
15) Sprinkle the remaining sauce on top and bake again, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
16) Garnish with parsley, if desired, before serving.