- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni Salad: On the Side #6 Recipe Video
|Salad macaroni||1⁄2 Pound|
|Small onion||1⁄2 , chopped finely|
|Dill pickle relish||12 Fluid Ounce (approx 1 jar)|
|Sliced black olives||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Tuna||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Diced pimentos||12 Fluid Ounce|
|Light mayo||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Pickle juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 783 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.3%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.9 mg
Sodium 2157.2 mg89.9%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 108.4% Vitamin C 169.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot of salted boiling water cook macaroni for time as directed on the package.
2. Drain the macaroni in a colander and run cold water to cool off the pasta. Once cooled, shake all the water off the macaroni.
3. Place drained macaroni in large mixing bowl. Add onion, dill pickle relish and olives.
4. Flake the tuna with a fork into the bowl. Then add the pimento. Using a large spoon, mix all the ingredients together.
5. Add the mayo, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well until combined.
6. Serve cold with your favorite main dishes and enjoy!
This salad can be refrigerated for 2-3 days. Should it become dry in texture, you can
add a bit of pickle juice and a bit more mayo to moisten.