- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni Plus Recipe
|Dry macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Mix Whole Wheat And White)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mixed dried vegetables||2 Tablespoon (Buy Them In A Health Food Store Or Dry Your Own)|
|Chopped dried onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry textured soy protein||1 Tablespoon (Can Be Found At A Health Food Store)|
|Dried milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced cheddar cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.4 mg6.8%
Sodium 246.3 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 18 g37%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 64.3%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 38.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large camp pot, boil together the macaroni, water, dried vegetables, onion, parsley, textured protein and margarine.
2) Boil for 5 min and remove from the heat, cover and allow to stand for 5 min.
3) Return pot to the heat, cook further for a min if the macaroni isn't done.
4) Stir in the cheese; combine the powdered milk with a little water and add to pot; stir well until cheese is melted; season with salt and pepper.
5) Serve immediately on a nice dish.