- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni Cheddar Puff Recipe
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
Calories 487 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.6%
Saturated Fat 18 g89.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 287.4 mg
Sodium 667.2 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 21 g42.4%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 0.56%
Calcium 36.1% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) Cook the elbow macaroni as per its packet instructions.
Drain and let cool.
3) In a medium pan, melt butter or margarine. Add in the flour, mustard and salt. Cook while stirring constantly till the mixture starts to bubble.
4) Add in the milk and worcestershire sauce and let it come to a boil in about a minute.
5) Mix in the cheese till it melts. Take the pan off the flame.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg whites to form soft peaks.
7) Separately, beat the egg yolks to form a creamy mixture. Add in the cheese slowly into the yolks. Gently fold in the egg whites till no white streaks are visible.
8) Fold in the macaroni.
9) Pour the mixture into a 8-cup souffle dish or straight-side baking dish.
10) Cut a deep circle into the mixture about 1-inch from the edges using a rubber spatula.
11) Bake for about 1 hour or till the mixture turns puffy and golden brown.
12) Serve the Macaroni Cheddar Puff hot.