- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Macaroni Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cauliflower||1 Small, broken into florets|
|Elbow macaroni||4 Ounce (About 1 Cup)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g66.9%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.3 mg
Sodium 726 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 117.8%
Calcium 39.3% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the eggs in the microwave oven.
2) Take a separate covered glass casserole and boil cauliflower in 1/2 cup water for 8 minutes.
3) During this process of cooking, rotate dish one-quarter of a turn halfway.
4) With the help of a slotted spoon remove the cauliflower florets.
5) Take a 2-quart glass casserole and boil 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, and 1 teaspoon salt on high in the microwave till the water really boils.
6) Add macaroni now and mix well.
7) Cover the casserole with lid. Set the microwave mode to “Defrost” and cook for 10 to 12 minutes till done.
8) Remove all the excess water. Keep macaroni aside.
9) Take a 1-quart glass casserole and heat butter in it on high in the microwave for 20 seconds.
10) Now add onions and ground beef to the heated butter and fry for 2 minutes.
11) Remove any deposited fat and add catsup, water, salt, pepper and mix well.
12) Set the microwave to “Reheat Mode” and cook for about 5 minutes.
13) In a glass dish, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on high in the microwave for 20 seconds.
14) Add flour with the help of a wire whisk and mix well.
15) Slowly add the milk while stirring.
16) Mix twice during the process of cooking to form a smooth sauce.
17) Continue cooking in the microwave for 3 minutes till it thickens.
18) Add required seasonings to taste.
19) Remove the glass dish from the microwave, mix a well beaten egg and also add ½ a cup of cheese.
20) Add the cooked macaroni and cauliflower to the prepared white sauce.
21) Take oil in a 3-quart glass casserole and add the ground beef mixture to it.
22) Above the beef mixture, add the macaroni and cauliflower in cheese sauce.
23) Adjust the microwave mode to “Reheat” and cook for 5 minutes till hot.
24) Keep the casserole with the mixture in preheated conventional oven at 400° F for the last 10 minutes to brown the topping.
25) Garnish the brownish tinge topping with parsley.
26) Serve hot as the cheese melts.