- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
|Macaroni||7 Ounce, uncooked (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.3 mg
Sodium 646.6 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 48.2% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the macaroni.
2. In a 2 –quart casserole, place the cooked macaroni and keep aside.
3. In another, 1-quart casserole, place the butter.
4. In the microwave, cook for 45 to 60 seconds to melt the butter
5. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and mustard and finally, blend in the milk.
6. In the microwave, cook for 4 to 5 minutes at Power 7 or Medium-High, until thickened, stirring twice.
7. Sprinkle the cheese and stir till it melts.
8. Pour the cheese mixture on the macaroni.
9. In the microwave, cook, covered, for 5 minutes at High.
10. Stir to mix well and serve.