- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe: How to Make the Best Mac and Cheese Recipe Video
|Macaroni||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Paprika||To Taste (Optional)|
|Smoked cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Velveta cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Colby cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
Calories 759 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.2%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g133%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.8 mg66.6%
Sodium 1238.2 mg51.6%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.4%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 34.9% Vitamin C 0.46%
Calcium 92.5% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish with butter. Set aside.
3. In a pot, cook the macaroni until al dente. Follow the instructions on the box.
4. Once the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, add milk, heavy cream and the cheeses (except for the smoked cheddar). Stir to combine.
6. Taste the milk mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add in the eggs. Stir well until combined.
8. Transfer the pasta into the greased baking dish.
9. Pour cheese mixture over macaroni and top it with smoked cheddar cheese.
10. Sprinkle with paprika and/or black pepper, if desired.
11. Bake for around 45 minutes. Do not over bake.
12. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10-20 minutes to fully set before serving.
13. In a serving plate, garnish with more cheese if desired and serve the macaroni and cheese with a crispy bread or as it is.