- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Food Love: Vegan Mac & Cheese Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Soy milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded and divided (reserve 2 tbsp. for topping)|
|Whole wheat macaroni||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (cooked according to package direction)|
|Macaroni||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (cooked according to package direction)|
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 184 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a large shallow pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add in the onion, sauté until soft.
4. Season with cayenne, nutmeg, flour, pepper and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Pour in the soy milk and bring to a boil.
6. Add in the nutritional yeast. Followed by vegan cheese and stir to melt.
7. Place pasta in a baking pan and pour in the sauce. Top with remaining vegan cheese.
8. Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
9. Serve mac and cheese with stewed veggies.